Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New Sewing Box





I don't know where June and July went, but went they did! All I know is I was busy as heck doing this and that and for some reason my studio stayed empty - except for the few times I was in here organizing or cleaning - for the upteenth time.

Anyway, I finally did something for me, a sewing kit from one of the hatbox lunch boxes from Provo Craft. Considering I've done at least a dozen of these lunchbox this was one was snap to do. It's the first time I've done a hatbox one though, and loved the challenge.

I covered it with scrapbook paper I have had on hand forever that contains a sewing theme of sorts. I decorated it with both rubons, buttons, charms and other embellishements I had laying around - in addition to stamped images that were cut out and applied.

I took several rubons and put them on white cardstock, then I cut them out and pop dotted a few of them to the top of the lunchbox so they would stand out and give it some depth. The spool of thread was one of the rubons I did that with. I also stamped several images, cut them out and either laid them flat to the box or used pop dots to add depth along the sides of the box.

Right now it houses my misc. sewing items like needles for my sewing machine, thread I used to make curtains with, a thimble and bobbins loaded with different colors of thread.

I love it and can't wait to display it in my family room. No one will know what's in it, except me :)

3 comments:

Lindart said...

Wonderful! I love it!

Deb F. said...

Your sewing box is so neat...just love!!

firecracker82 said...

It's GORGEOUS Kathy!!!