Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My First Altered Book Round Robin





I was very excited this month to get back my first round robin - with an altered book being the star!

I chose In the Dog House for my theme and glued and painted the page edges before sending it out. Six other artists in the group worked on my book and had examples to go by to give them ideas.
The pictures you see here are pages I did, along with the sign in page made with dog bones :-}/ I had so much fun working in everyone elses' book, I could hardly wait to see what they had done with mine. As I explained in the instructions, In the Dog House could be taken so may ways, and I left it up to their imagination as to how they wanted to work their pages.
The next post, or couple of posts, will show the work from the other talented ladies. They did some AWESOME work and I'm so proud to have an example of their work in my collection.
I'll cherish this book forever :)
Once I got it back I covered it in paw themed scrapbook paper just like I did all those years in school covering text books. Then I added a few embellishments to the front and called it good. I love it and it's proudly on display in my studio. Now to finish up the other altered book/tip-in I particpated in!

2 comments:

Lindart said...

Aren't Altered Books awesome!! Yours certainly is! Obviously a book you will cherish for years to come. Welcome back to the blog world!

Deb F. said...

This round robin is so great. I have never done a round robin...maybe the next one that we have on our SNS I will join in.