Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Whew...

So, after letting two months pass on here without posting, I couldn't wait to get my pictures of up my last two projects. I'll be uploading some scrapbook pages I've done recently here real soon, within the next few days at least.

Things have been wild around the house with Jerry going TDY for a week, me going through higher pain levels for some odd reason, increasing the Fentayl patch amount, getting diagnosised - finally - with diabetes (I knew it was coming from the way all my numbers were looking the past few years, and I had several risk factors that made me more prone to get it) and learning how to eat healthy, wisely and in a manner that kept my blood sugar numbers down, working in the garden and finally getting into an exercise routine around here and a half a dozen other things that crept up day to day.

At least it's calmed down now which is a good thing. It's time I started to look after me. I've given many years to my family and it's time to quit putting me to the back or to the bottom of the list. I've had another birthday since I last posted and that birthday really made me sit up and take a look at myself. I'm 52 now and am leading the life I've always wanted to live. If I don't do something about my health overall, I won't be here long to enjoy it. That and I decided I wanted a little pampering. So, for my birthday present to myself I spent the day at a local spa. :) I had my first facial, got a pedicure and had my nails done. A few days prior to that I got my hair highlighted and cut, the beginning of the new me.

I've worked out a schedule of sorts for the things I need to do around the house, and have alloted plenty of studio time. I kept thinking why did I spent 2 months getting it just the way I wanted if I wasn't going to spend time in here creating? That and I had all these wonderful stamps and supplies that it was about time I started using them up. Either that or sell them.

Which btw, I had a garage sale the first of the month and got rid of quite a few extra scrapping and stamping supplies. What didn't sell went to a friends house and was included in her three day sale. I got rid of even more! Both of those sales were what paid for my haircut/hairlighting and day at the spa. Even trade if you ask me! LOL

The dogs also made their yearly trip to the vet where we discovered both were a tad overweight. Kanasas was a pound and a half over weight (Give me a break! But then again it shows on him since he is so little!) and Rascal was four pounds over weight. So we have taken to the streets the three of us and walk at least a mile daily. We're up to a mile and a half actually and they love it. All I have to do is mention the word Walk and they are at the door ready to go! Gotta love their enthusiasm!

So, what's next to come out of my studio? Well I'm working on a huge journal from Bo Bunny Press, I've got a lunch box I'm making for a gift, I've got cards to make for a ton of upcoming birthdays, and have an altered book to put together. All that in addition to working on scrapbooks for my grandchildren. I have four huge 12x12 ones for my daughter that she will inhert when I pass, and am doing 8x8 albums for the grandkids. Oh....Allora called me Nanna the other day!!!! She also called Jerry Papaw - all without prompting! I love that little monkey so much and wish with tons of wishes she was closer so I could be a grandmother to her.

More than that I wish my daughter had a child, then I could really be a grandmother instead of the only step grandmother in the family and at the bottom of the list when it comes to the three grandmothers she has. sighh. Oh well I'm not complaining at all. Maybe one day Jessica will have a baby. I know her dad would love to be a grandpa...very much so!

So, there you have the highlights of the last few months. Scroll down and take a peek at my first Round Robin Altered Book and a Sewing box I made from a hatbox shaped lunchbox. Let me know what you think!

No comments: