Sunday, May 6, 2007

I'm to old for this!

LOL

I have to laugh at the title only because I never admit to my age, or at least I try not to. I never act my age, I don't look my age, and I sure don't feel my age - until I go through the weekend I just did!

It was National Scrapbooking Day/Weekend this weekend and of course I had to participate - as I always do. I went to a two day crop at my local scrapbook store and had a BLAST! This time I signed up early and signed up to be in the classroom located in the store. The last two years I've been down at the other end of the strip mall where Peggy rents out two additional space to accomodate everyone.

I'm so glad I signed up where I did. I was so thrilled to see two old friends of mine sitting right behind me, and ended up meeting several new friends. Pam and Faye are my age and are a riot to say the least. I haven't laughed this much in years and I felt so relaxed! I ran into another girl in the room that had hosted a basement craft sale last year that I happend to stumble upon. Kelly is a doll and I'm so glad I had the chance to get to know her better. Turns out we have a lot in common and she makes creates some awesome layouts! I got to help Cindy learn more about embossing and three of us headed out at lunch to Hobby Lobby to pick up some much needed supplies for that specific technique. I did so good at Hobby Lobby and spent next to nothing. I didn't even require a buggy!!! The world has ended for sure! LOL

I worked on my granddaughter's album and added pages for photographs I didn't have - that were now several years old. I'll have to rework her album a bit, but that's not a problem. I loved doing them and seeing Allora for the weekend, even if it was just in pictures. :) The time will come soon enough that Nanna can snuggle with her and shower her in kisses.

I spent the entire day on the couch today and napped off and on. Staying up to 3 a.m. two days in a row did me in. I didn't get home before midnight Friday night or Saturday and it took a while to wind down before bed. I was up and at it again early for me Saturday morning and worked non-stop on my layouts. I loved every minute of it too. I'm just glad that weekend only happens once a year!

I'm going to be cropping with these ladies again Friday night so I'm not unpacking a thing. Nope. One thing is for sure, I won't be bringing as much with me though! I think I took enough to supply a room full of scrappers! That realization came to light when someone asked if anyone had glitter and I produced some! LOL Now that's sad!!

I'll get the layouts I worked on scanned later this week and posted. I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't be returning until late Wednesday evening. ---- see below ----

Speaking of grandchildren, I'm off to Tennessee in the morning to finish getting the house ready for Jarrob aka JW, and his mommy and daddy. He is 3 1/2 months old, was born in Italy and his Nanna is dying to see him! I get to meet them at the airport late Tuesday night and will take them to their new home with my sister-in-law. Lynda has worked non-stop for 2 weeks to get her rental house ready for them and I can't wait to see the look on thier faces when they walk in the door. I'm going to fill the fridge before they get there and once we drop them off Tuesday night, I'll come back home.

Ok, it's late and time for me to head to bed before my second wind kicks in. I definetely need to get some good rest tonight before my long drive tomorrow. My only wish is I was driving east instead of north...but that's okay, that time is coming too. :)


This Nanna is beat and way to old for all this excitement! LOL

No comments: