Saturday, August 11, 2007

In the mood - NOT

This has been a busy month for me already and to be honest art hasn't been able to play into the picture. Sad I know. Like any artist, writer or anyone that does anything creative, the mood just hasn't been there. The mysterious mood HAS to be there in order to get anything worthwhile done.

I started working on a kit by Beth Cote I got last year and even it took a back seat to all the happenings in the house. I finished it tonight and will post the pictures tomorrow. I still have a little painting to do and will do that in the morning after I've gotten some sleep. I've learned the hard way you don't paint when your eyes are burning and your tired :)

The biggest happening that's kept me busy is Jerry turning 50 yesterday. A very good friend of his and mine helped organize a small dinner for him at O'Charley's. We thought maybe 10 people were coming and it turned out to be 20 plus guests - all co-workers of Jerry and he had been either stationed with half of them in the Army and the other half were his instructors as he went through EOD school 20+ years ago! I thought I thought we would be there for an hour or so, and before we knew it three (3) hours had passed! I couldn't believe it. Everyone had a good time and it was still the talk at work today. What a wonderful way to spend your 50th birthday - with old friends.

On the family side his mom called and he got to visit with his oldest son after we got home. His daughter called today as she had forgotten and/or had gotten busy with her baby. As a matter of fact I know she went to bed real early last night and calling was the last thing on her mind.

It's been so bloody hot here its unbearable. AT 7 p.m. tonight it was still 100 degrees. Yes, triple digits. The awful thing is Jerry is out working in it every day. He had range duty this week and on top of being out in the triple digits he was walking 10 miles a day up and down the range. The dogs didn't even want to go out in it. They would step out into the yard and would scurry back into the coolness of the house. My poor heat pump is having an awful time trying to keep up with the heat. I just stay inside and have fans going in practically every room.

Well that's about it for the night. I'm beat and its time for bed. I'll post a picture of my newest project in the morning and let you know what I'm going to be working on next. Oh..... I did manage to get Jerry's birthday card made yesterday and will take a picture of that as well. I need to anyway so I can add it to my portfolio. :)

Night.

No comments: